Avanti Deshpande, Post Graduate in Food Science & Nutrition, from SNDT Mumbai, and a certified nutrigenomic counselor by Genesupport.
With over 15 years of experience in the industry, now Avanti setup her own consultancy services in Diet and Nutrition counselling in Pune and provides extensive range of services in nutrition, corporate wellness, marketing communications, recipe and menu analysis and product development.
Currently she has a comprehensive portfolio of clients from varied business verticals, the food and pharmaceutical industry, education, catering & retail sector, gym & fitness centers, the corporate world & other social & NGO groups. With the recent qualification as nutrigenomic counselor, she has equipped herself to assist and guide people sick of diabetics, obesity, Gluten/lactose intolerance or Osestrogen.
- Avanti has versatile experience in the field of food technology and nutrition since the past 10 years.
- She has worked in various departments of food industries from floor supervisor to R&D officer to Lab manager.
- She has a thorough knowledge of food, its components and its behavior and nutrition values.
- She had been General Manager in a health food café where she designed nutritious dishes, menu card and managed the restaurant.
- She has successfully developed many nutritious take away dry snacks.
- Having completed her NET, Avanti has worked as a faculty member in the Department of Food Science and Nutrition of the Graduate college in SNDT, Symbiosis Center for Health Sciences, Pune University and Suryadutta Catering College.
- She has active contributions in various articles related to food science and nutrition in magazines and newspapers.